POH – Small (5-10Kg); Male; 8 Years; Shih Tzu/Maltese Mix; Low Activity Level; Minimal Shedding; Desexed✓; Microchipped✓; Vaccinated✓; Vet Checked✓; Wormed✓; Flea Treated✓; Heart Worm Treated✓; Lifetime Registered in NSW✓; Adoption Fee $395
- Experienced and patient family with commitment to continue Poh’s basic training.
- Children to be over approximately 8 years of age.
- Household with someone at home most of the time.
- Secure, escape proof yard.
- Other small dog in household.
- Expression of interest by APPLICATION ONLY (see Adoption Process)
- Applications not meeting our criteria as above will not be considered.
You can do your part in helping us find Poh a perfect home. All you have to do is to ❤ Like✓ Share✓ Comment✓ +1✓ Pin✓ Blog✓ Reblog✓ Tweet✓ Retweet✓ Tag✓ Repost✓
#nova #pooch #rescue #animal #pet #dog #puppy #puppies #adoption #foster #Newcastle #NSW #Australia #adoptdontshop #oscarslaw #petrescue
Poh is a sweet 8-year-old Shih Tzu/ Maltese male who has led a fairly sheltered life prior to coming into foster care. He had little or no experience around other dogs, he had little sores over his body from flea allergy dermatitis and he appears to have had little exposure to grass as he was kept as an indoor pet for much if not all of his 8 years of life. Coming into foster care has been a significant adjustment for Poh and yet he has adapted well and settled in just beautifully.
Poh shows keen interest in playing with his carer and he copes well with other small dogs although he hasn’t shown a lot of interest in joining in a game with them. However this may happen given time. This little fella enjoys going out in the car, he also loves going for walks and shows much eagerness when he hears his lead. He will also get quite vocal and excited when his carer returns to him after being away from home. Poh also loves the closeness of snuggling up to sleep beside his carer if he is allowed.
Poh requires an escape proof yard as he may struggle with adapting to the new environment of his forever home. Nevertheless he adapted to his foster home and carer, five other small dogs and a grooming session within a few short days and without incident. Poh has shown himself to be a loving, playful little character that will bond closely with his favourite human very quickly.
Poh is currently undergoing housetraining. He struggles with consistently going outside when it’s time to do his business but he is showing definite signs of improvement. For this little man, grass is a little foreign to him, therefore he will require a patient, understanding family that are prepared to invest a little time in all facets of basic training. Luckily Poh is food motivated, so his training will be made a little easier when there are treats on offer.
Poh shows signs of some separation anxiety; therefore a home where he is not left on his own for extended periods of time is required and another small canine companion for company is essential. Poh can be a little mouthy with excitement so a home with children under 8 years is not ideal.
Overall, this little man is an absolutely delightful character who loves the company of people once he gets to know them. He will bark at unfamiliar people to begin with but once he gets to know them, he will happily lie at their feet and lap up the extra attention coming his way.
If you would like to meet little Poh, he is waiting for you while in foster care at Metford, NSW.
Date of Birth: 14/01/2009
- This step is very important in the process and it’s vital that everything on the application form is correct and brutally honest.
- Applicants are considered only if the details are a suitable match for the pooch.
- Completion of the application does not commit you to the pooch nor does it guarantee an adoption.
- Our Facebook & Google+ page have daily updates and further images of the dogs.
- Nova Pooch Rescue Inc. is wholly operated by volunteers who already work long hours so, please be advised that there is NO phone contact available.